Director of Finance
- GRI Capital Inc (GRIC) is the management company for the assets of the founding shareholders of Dollarama L.P., the leading Canadian dollar discount retailer with over 1300 stores.
- GRIC’s investment portfolio includes most major asset classes and is diversified globally.
- The company also provides support to philanthropic initiatives undertaken by foundations affiliated with its shareholders.
- GRIC’s team is formed by highly professional individuals and its work environment is action-oriented with a strong focus on continuous improvement.
The Director of Finance will be a member of GRI Capital’s Montreal-based finance and administration team and will be involved in accounting and tax functions, cash management, internal controls, and office management. The Director of Finance will be responsible for leading and directing the activities of the accounting and reporting systems, processes and procedures to operate an effective and efficient finance office. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of driving continuous improvement when it comes to financial reporting, compliance (ideally in an investment sector), internal controls, and will help build institutional knowledge and processes within the finance team.
- Work with all areas of the business to improve internal controls and processes including ensuring all internal controls are in place and functioning as intended.
- Developing improved processes as it relates to recording of cash transactions for both GL and Investment reporting purposes (including implementation of new GL software)
- Ensuring accuracy of accounting for various entities including corporations, partnerships trusts, foundations and individuals
- Assist in cash management, review of disbursements/invoices and cashflow reports including supervision of accountants
- Review of financial statements and coordination with auditors
- Payroll and management of Group Benefits
- Family Office services including banking and other finance needs
- Office management
- Assist in tax functions including review of sales and income tax returns and other ad hoc requests.
- An undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance, with a CPA/CA designation.
- A minimum of 8 to 10 years finance and accounting experience; technically strong in accounting and tax.
- Industry experience in investment management and/or real estate within accounting group, a strong asset.
- Experience in supervision of employees • Experience in establishing internal controls and/or implementation of IT systems, a plus.
- Strong management skills; able to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced and operational environment, consistently meeting deadlines with accurate and detailed results.
- Strong interest in investments.
- Driven, self-starter, enthusiastic learner.
- Customer focused and results oriented individual.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) for effective interaction with all levels of company management and personnel.
- High level of integrity and strong sense of personal ownership and accountability.
- High proficiency in Excel.
- Bilingual (French & English).
- Great collaborator and team player engaging others while thriving in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where quality, speed of decision makings and execution are critical to organizational success.
- Action-oriented, low key and hardworking, with a commitment to the highest quality of care and service.
- Politically savvy; exercises discretion and diplomacy.
- Trustworthy and displays confidence.
Pour plus d’informations
Associé | Partner