Chief Compliance Officer
Pictet Canada L.P.*
The Pictet Group, known as Pictet, is a Swiss multinational private bank and financial services company founded in Switzerland. Headquartered in Geneva, it is one of the largest Swiss banks and primarily offers services in wealth management, asset management, and asset servicing, to private clients and institutions. The Pictet Group employs around 4,900 people, including 900 investment managers. It has a network of 30 offices in financial services centres, including registered banks in Geneva, Luxembourg, Nassau, Hong Kong and Singapore.
*Pictet Canada L.P. is affiliated with Banque Pictet & Cie SA.
As Chief Compliance Officer, you will be responsible for overseeing the compliance function and ensuring compliance with laws, regulatory requirements, policies and procedures within Pictet Canada L.P., our Canadian registered Investment and Derivatives Dealer, and Pictet Overseas Inc., our US registered Broker Dealer and Non-Clearing Futures Commission Merchant.
You will also act as a deputy CCO for Pictet Asset Management Inc., the Canadian Portfolio Manager. As the in-house compliance expert, your main objective will be to ensure that the compliance programs are effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting, and correcting noncompliance with applicable laws and regulations in an international financial environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to expand your compliance knowledge in an international firm.
- Develop the annual compliance work plan that reflects the organization’s unique characteristics and revise such plan in light of changes.
- With the support of the compliance team, you will be responsible for the monitoring and supervision of all trading, marketing and account opening activities based on the established standards, practices and compliance controls on a daily and periodic basis. The scope of your work environment will notably include: Canadian brokerage regulations, US brokerage regulations (SEC & FINRA), US Futures and Swaps industry rules (CFTC & NFA), Investment Adviser rules (AMF) and additional international cross-issues that may occur among these.
- Provide the management team with strategic direction on compliance and prepare clear and concise compliance reports for the Board;
- Provide guidance to the compliance team in a productive and professional manner, and provide them with advice and training;
- Maintain the compliance and supervisory framework by diligently monitoring new applicable Canadian and US Regulations and ensure that the Compliance Manuals are updated accordingly on a timely basis;
- Coordinate efforts related to regulatory audits, reviews and examinations and communicate with Regulators.
- University degree in Law with a strong interest in the legal aspects of the securities industry.
- Member of the Bar (Quebec or other) would be considered a significant asset.
- Successful completion of or willingness to complete required US and Canadian securities/futures courses.
- 10 years of experience in the finance industry.
- High computer literacy and a strong aptitude to learn complex computer database applications;
- Strong IT knowledge and general comprehension/easiness with IT world.
- Ability to handle large amounts of information;
- Strong emotional balance in light of stressful situations; • Individual who shows initiative and has the ability to deliver effective results.
- Excellent French and English, with strong communication skills, both oral and written;
- Very organized person and familiar with the importance of maintaining appropriate records of compliance and supervisory processes. This is an excellent opportunity to join a unique work environment in Montreal with a very present international flavor.
You would join an existing vibrant team of 3 people, all while working in a stimulating, intellectually challenging and multi-jurisdictional environment, within renowned Swiss bank affiliates.
For more information